Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Big Hero Experience


Allen Manalili

HCOM 214

Blake Roger

The Big Hero Experience

            The Movie Night assignment was like no other assignment that I have ever taken part in throughout my whole academic career. Movies are great on its own, but watching it with a group of friends makes the movie exponentially better. I feel that enjoying good and/ or relaxing time by yourself is fun and alright to an extent. But, when you add in the catalyst of friends, the experience is so much more rich and heart- warming by spending time with others.

             I typically do not watch too many movies by myself or with friends, probably no more than five movies a year, Big Hero 6 was a fantastic movie. It would not make my top five favorite movies, but I still have great regards for this movie. Due to the fact that we had to complete an assignment regarding a movie was a little odd for me. Partially because I do not really watch too many movies and the fact that we were assigned a group assignment to analyze conflict concepts within a movie. I think this assignment was a little less intimidating because the movie we watched was animated and not an actual movie with real people in it. Also, I feel that I was urged to pay more attention watching the movie and thinking about all the little details. Sometimes, I fell that I had over- thought certain aspects of the movie to an extent. For example, there was a minor plot twist when the actual antagonist was revealed to the audience and I had over- thought all the little details and the main antagonist was not who I have previously presumed who it would be.

            By making the power point for this movie, I feel that by analyzing all the data and each group members' perspectives regarding the movie, important themes and messages were brought up. Personally, I did not think that an animated movie targeted for kids would contain significant life lessons in them. Because I already knew my group members for this assignment, I feel that we functioned more fluidly than if it had been the first time I had met my teammates. Fortunately, my group did not procrastinate so this movie night assignment was not one bit stressful for me because we had paced out our work and also even split up and shared responsibilities. Throughout my first year of college, I have done quite a satisfactory job in not procrastinating when doing individual and/ or group projects. Preparing for the presentation was potentially the most stressful part of this assignment, but it was not too stressful. I feel that thinking about presenting for your class is just stressful in general.

            Taking this whole movie night experience into retrospect, I did not know what to expect throughout the whole process as everything would eventually jubilate to the twenty minute presentation because this was a very unique assignment which I have nothing to compare to from the rest of my life. Overall, I had a quite satisfactory experience doing this assignment.

1 comment:

  1. Allen, glad you enjoyed your movie night experience, watching it with friends and paying more close attention to a movie than otherwise because it was an assignment. It is nice to collaborated effectively with your group, preparing things in advance, dividing the workload and ultimately have less conflict/stress and more enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete