Thursday, April 2, 2015

                                                             Movie Night Experience   

This Movie Night project was one I really enjoyed. I have never had an assignment this interesting

and that actually gave me the option of watching a movie that I wanted. My group picked Maleficent

which was a smart and safe choice since it has a lot of conflict. At first I was not very excited about

this choice because I thought it was intended for a younger audience but to my surprise it was

actually a good movie that I enjoyed watching and analyzing. Seeing how the characters handled their

conflict and developed as the movie went on, especially Maleficent who was both a hero and villain,

was actually enjoyable. The whole experience was great because usually when you meet up with a

group to do a project your usually going to have to research and discuss complex topics, but in this

project we just met up to watch a movie which was relaxing, stress free, and more enjoyable then the

usual group project. Watching the movie allowed for me to develop a more thoughtful way of

sleeping beauty. Growing up I saw the movie sleeping Beauty with my sister and watching

Maleficent gave me the chance to see how there was another side of the story which I really enjoyed

because it brought back memories of my childhood. No other project that I have ever done has

brought back memories so this project was really unique in a great way. Overall the movie night

project was a pleasure to do and was a great experience.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you ended up enjoying the movie! I think it was a great movie and a great choice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Natasha about being glad for you enjoying the movie as a great movie with much to learn from. Disney has come a long way in reinventing the classic stories to be more relevant for the modern age. I would never have imagined a Maleficient to be portrayed with understanding and compassion, almost date raped with the drugging and wing-clipping and thus angry and seeking revenge (instead of just unsympathetically Evil), and being the main character that matures and softens and learns to love again.

    ReplyDelete