Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Conflict inside the Happiest Place on Earth



            For my 19th birthday, I decided I really wanted to celebrate it at my favorite place which is Disneyland. I wanted to celebrate my birthday and not do something casual such as, go out to a nice dinner on Cannery Row. I wanted to celebrate my birth! My sisters and I decided to invite my cousins since it had been a long time since we all went to Disneyland together. My parents did not decide to go since it was planned the week before my birthday and they needed time to plan out for work. I had decided long before, that I would go with or without them. This is definitely a perk of being a college student worker.
             On Saturday, our entire group celebrated my birthday. I along with my sister Mayra, Francisco (brother-in-law), Crystal (cousin), Rudy (Cousin’s boyfriend), Tito (sister), Koony (sister’s boyfriend) and my mom were ready to have a great day. My mom decided to come the day before we left that she wanted to join us. Yay! Usually when going to Disneyland, it is usually my immediate family; this time there were more people to account for. It wasn’t just about what 5 people wanted to do and quite frankly it is usually what my sisters and I want to do. We know had to accommodate 8 others.
            Friday had gone very well with getting what everybody wanted. Saturday, my birthday, is when the conflict occurred. Rudy, Crystal, Tito, and Koony all wanted to go on the Cars ride before our trip ended. The time was approximately 5:30pm and we were in California Adventure Park. Rudy had suggested that we go on the Cars ride in the night time because that is usually when there is no long wait time. The wait time was currently 90 minutes. That is an hour and a half standing in line. I had thought of a plan to accommodate us all. Mayra, FC, and I had all wanted to see the Soundsational Parade in Disneyland. My plan was to go across to Disneyland, watch the parade, go to our dinner reservations that were also in Disneyland, then come back to CA to enjoy the Cars ride and watch World of Color which we had fast passes to. Everyone had agreed that is was a good plan.
            Tito all of a sudden decided to want to go on the Cars ride then and there and wait for 90 minutes. I was confused. We had the plan set, and then all of a sudden she decided to change it. I did not understand why she would want to wait for an hour and a half since this was our last day at the park. I did not want to waste any time. The parade that was happening soon was my favorite to watch. I even watch it on YouTube when I got to the gym! My mom decided to get involved when my sister and I continued to bicker. I was confused to why she would want to change it all and I was sad because I would not be able to watch the parade since I would be standing in line. She wanted to go so badly on it, but she has an annual passport. She could literally go on the ride whenever she wants.  My mom then just said, “Let’s just go to Disneyland for the birthday girl.”

            I was instantly happy while my sister was calling me a brat, she did not know that I had everyone in mind when I set up the plan because everyone would have gotten what they wanted. While entering Disneyland, we say Tito’s favorite character, Goofy, which she was very happy with. I watched the parade and many characters told me Happy Birthday since I was wearing my birthday pin. We all enjoyed the rest of my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment