Wednesday, May 13, 2015

You don't know what you have until it's gone.

I use to have a best friend, but I lost him. I first met my friends Luis, in 2nd grade, and we went everywhere together, and did everything together, but that soon came to an end. We continued to hangout through elementary and middle school, but in high school, things changed. In high school, we hanged out the first year, because we were new to the high school, but little by little, we grew apart. We would hang out less and less and eventually we stopped hanging out completely. I think we stopped hanging out, because we had needs that weren't going to be accomplished by hanging out with each other. Luis was into playing basketball, whereas I wasn't interested in playing any sports. I was kind of nerdy, and I played video games person, I didn't want to play basketball. I was the calmer, chill dude, and he was all about sports. If we had stayed good friend’s and hanged out, one of us would have had to give up our goals. Looking back on it, I wish I had stayed in contact with Luis. We could of done like a compromise, so we could of gave up a little to still be friends, but we didn’t, which sucks. In my senior year, we had a class together, but we never said one word to each other. We would look at each other with a mad face, like we were angry with each other, and that I think is due to the fact that we were the best friends. I was in some way mad him, for giving up on this friendship, and I think he felt the same way, but being the macho man I am, I never express my feelings, and that’s why I never talked to him about our friendship, but maybe this friendship was meant to end. Just because I feel a way, doesn't mean he felt the same, maybe he didn't want to be friends, which would make sense, because towards the end, he wouldn't really pay attention or even care about what we would do. Actually, I and Luis had a conflict in 7th grade, I embarrassed him in front of some girls, by kicking him in the nuts. I think he never got over that incident. I don’t remember why I kicked him in the nuts, maybe because I was just a stupid immature kid. He confronted me when I kicked him in the nuts, and he began to yell at me, but I’m not the type to get angry, so I just ignored him, and told him to chill. Eventually, we began to hang out but it wasn't the same. I guess he got mad at me for two reasons, one for kicking him in the nuts, which is painful, but also he was trying to impress the girls, and I go and kick him in the nuts. Now I’m in college, and he’s doing his own thing, but I can’t help and wonder what would of happened if I had a actually confronted him and told him I’m sorry, maybe we would still be friends. I feel like the conflict with kicking his nuts, is what drove us apart, and if I was a good friend, then I would have been more effective in expressing myself and communicating with him to resolve the conflict. I should have talked to him about the incident and tried to see what he felt and then try to work towards a resolution, but it was too late, I had lost him

No comments:

Post a Comment