Saturday, May 9, 2015

My History with Violence

I have been fortunate enough to never experience significant violence nor particular strains of venomous conflict within my life.  The conflict suffusing my life has definitely been of the more mundane nature.  For example, within the context of my family life I have found that the arguments present within have been much more dull.  For the most part they have simply been normal spats composed of nothing more than yelling and the ignoring of other people's sides.  People tended to talk over the others while showing absolutely no regard for deviating opinions.  Most people in my family have a very unilateral propensity pertaining to conflict resolution.

I have found that this has helped in desensitizing myself to this sort of conflict.  Ergo in conflicts of this nature I believe that I have developed somewhat of a stress resistance.  These arguments phase me in to a much more mollified degree.

I am actually grateful that I have never been subjected to excesive forms of conflict within my life.  I can only image the inimical impact that would have wrought upon myself.  Things worked out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment