Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Remembering Conflict

Roxanne Guel
HCOM 214
3/4/15


                          Everyone experiences conflict, some are hard and some are easier to overcome.  In the past year, there has been a lot of conflict in my life.  One that significantly stands out in my mind is having to deal with my dad being in the hospital.  He was sent to the hospital due to an illness that he brought upon himself, which made it hard for me to feel sorry for him.  Usually I am someone who deals with conflict based on the situation.  However, I don't typically enjoy confrontation and having people have strong feelings towards me or someone else.  However with this conflict, I made sure everything was out in the open between my dad and myself.  Even though there were some strong feelings, it turned out to end in peace and harmony.  When dealing with conflict, I usually seek peace and harmony between all parties involved, and this situation was no different.  While this conflict with my dad was significantly difficult for me, it turned out to be peaceful and harmonious in the end. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice bridge building with your dad. Was your conflict with him the result of him being in the hospital for an illness he brought about himself? What exactly was the nature of the conflict? What strong feelings were experienced? What in particular did you make sure was out in the open between yourself and your Dad?

    ReplyDelete