Thursday, March 5, 2015

Blog #1 Topic/Content Goals

Joel Casillas
HCOM214
Blake Rodgers
3/4/15
                                            
                                                   My Topic/Content Goals

     For this, my three topics are going to be school, work and friendship. I’m choosing these three, because they’re the ones I can relate to the most. Disputes are a part of being a human being, and they happen everywhere and every day, some dispute more than others, but we all do it at some point.

     Let’s start with work, at work I have to deal with assistant managers that aren’t as educated as me, and they have their ideas, and they don’t even consider other people’s ideas. They completely shut out everyone else and do their own thing. So when they ask me to do something that’ll take me 30 min to do it there way, I do it my own way and finish in half the time. This is one conflict that arises at work, another is that people are always arguing about how the assistant managers have favorites, and this one really pisses me off. I have to arrange my schedule according to my classes, and when I get to work, I sometimes arrive about 8 minutes early, so I want to punch in and begin working so I can leave early and do my homework, but they don’t let me punch in early. They make me wait those 8 min, until it’s exactly the time I’m supposed to start. I would be okay if this rule was applied to everyone, but it’s not. There’s this one girl who always arrives like 20 min early and they let her punch in and leave early, and that’s only because she’s the assistant manager’s favorite. I’ve never said anything regarding this, but others have. I’m passive, I’d rather ignore it and have nothing to do with it, but others are more aggressive and they have yelled to each other about this. So far they haven’t fixed the issue and I don’t think it will ever get fixed.

     Another context would be school, I don’t have much of a problem with school, but one topic that always come up is homework for the classes. We all hate it, but it's necessary sometimes. I know that school is important and stuff, but giving too much homework can mess things up at home. Students are always arguing with the teachers about how they didn't finish the homework due to other classes, and that's happened to me a couple of times. Homework from one class can disrupt the time I have set apart for other classes, or If I want to do an activity like mountain biking. Teachers want student to act like they have only one class, but they don’t always consider that we have more than 1 class. So it interferes with other activities, but it’s not a big deal most of the time, at least for me

     My third and final context would be friends. One problem that would come up in this situation is the dispute of time spent with my friends and where to hang out. I hangout with my friends every once in a while, and when I do, they expect me to hang out with them the whole day, but it’s like I have to work and I have homework but they don’t care about that, all they care about are themselves, they don’t consider my needs. They ignorant to the fact that my life isn't the same as theres, I have priorities.


  This are all related in the way that each have to do with time taken to do something, and I also believe that these are things that many people experience, not just me. These are some topics that are argued in my life, but I assure you there are more to come as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment